The programme is divided into two themes this year:
- Tourism and liveability in the city: what should the tourism of the future in Brussels be like and how should it be developed? Which opportunities and threats exist, both for the economy and the people of Brussels?
- Governance of the Future: how to organise public governance and administration, focussing on the citizens, the cooperative networks and ethical cooperatives, which are supported by innovative technological solutions, and rise to the challenges of a fair and sustainable society?
Are you eligible?
- You are a researcher in human sciences or exact sciences and have at least a Master’s degree.
- Your supervisor is a professor, an accredited researcher or the research director of a research institution.
- Your project
- contributes to new knowledge on one of these themes, which are priorities for the Brussels-Capital Region.
- pays sufficient attention to the social impact of the research, preferably in collaboration with a mentor organisation.
- The research institution must have fulfilled its obligations under previous aid granted by the Region.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for eligibility in our regulations.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Submit your project outline, using this form, before 15 February 2019 at noon.
- If your project is selected, you will be invited to submit your final proposal using the form that is made available to you.
- This must be submitted before 7 June 2019 at noon.
The procedure is explained in the regulations.
The projects must be submitted by the relevant academic authorities. Contact your Tech Transfer Office (or the R&D Department) for further information.
The funding covers 2-year projects, which may be renewed for an additional two years.