We finance 15% to 70% of the cost for:
- Industrial research: you want to acquire scientific knowledge in order to achieve a predetermined industrial or commercial goal. The result of this project leads to the development of a proof of business or a prototype.
- Experimental development: you want to develop an innovative product, process or service and have already taken some steps to analyse the feasibility of your idea. There are still uncertainties and risks regarding the concrete use of the technology. This project results in a prototype tested in a real environment.
- Organisation and process innovation: you want to implement a new process or a new method of production or delivery in your company. You have defined the issues with the current and estimated the benefits of your proposed innovation. You have tested the innovation on a small scale.
Are you eligible?
- You are a company that develops all or part of its activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- You R&D project presents the development, completion or implementation of an innovative product, process or service.
- You R&D project is likely to have favourable impact on the economy, employment or sustainable development in the Brussels-Capital Region.
- You can show your ability to fund your share of the cost of the program.
- You have fulfilled your obligations under previous funding granted by the Brussels-Capital Region.
Find out more about the terms and conditions for eligibility in the form.
The procedure in 3 steps
- Submit your application using the appropriate form. You can submit an application at any time throughout the year.
- Our advisors analyse the eligibility of your project and define the category under which your project will be financed.
- In your application is eligible, your project can start.
The procedure is detailed in the form.
All documents ara available in French and Dutch.
The grant can be awarded under two different forms: as a grant or as a repayable advance.
The percentage of funding depends on different technical and commercial factors.
Read the regulations for more information about the criteria used by our advisors to determine the amount of funding.